Images of Hope is an annual fundraising event & exhibiition featuring photographs of and stories about In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) conceived children and their families. Images of Hope is in support of and is a volunteer-run initiative of the Generations of Hope Fertility Assistance Fund. All photography is original and is courtesy of the many professional photographers who donate their time & talents.
Saturday March 12, 2016 @ 6pm
Ticket sales are closed
Event will be at Telus Spark. Become a sponsor of Images of Hope – view our sponsorship package.
Hope has many faces.
Images of Hope is the premier annual fundraising event for Generations of Hope.
Conceived and coordinated by volunteers, Images of Hope is an exhibition of professional photographs of, and stories about, IVF-conceived children and their families.
Each year, a new group of families who have undergone treatment at the Regional Fertility Program volunteer to be the subject of professional photography portraits and to tell their stories of their journeys through infertility, treatment and hopefully, success.
All photography is courtesy of the many professional photographers who generously donate their time and talents.
The exhibition is an evening event and features a catered reception with cocktails and hors d'oeuvres, and silent and live auctions.
Images of Hope gives a unique glimpse into the lives of those who have been through the emotional and financial toll that accompanies not being able to have a child naturally. Our talented volunteer photographers frame this emotion with beautiful images of beautiful children. We then read the family's story and, for a brief moment, are brought into the lives of those who have been through a very unique journey, a journey most don't have to travel.
The images show us that it is possible through assisted reproduction (In Vitro Fertilization) for dreams to come true, for hopes to be fulfilled.
Over the past few years, Images of Hope has become a key and successful fundraising event for Generations of Hope. But it's become more than just that. Images of Hope has evolved into an important and anticipated annual gathering of the many people in our city who care about creating the hope for a child for others.
Our very special thanks to all of the families who have so generously agreed to participate in Images of Hope and to tell their stories so that others can know that everyone deserves the hope to have a child of their own.
We invite you to browse through past years' images of hope here and to read the stories.
10 Great Reasons to Attend Images of Hope
- You'll be supporting a great cause! The Generation of Hope Fertility Assistance Fund provides financial assistance to couples facing the challenge of infertility, but who cannot afford to undergo fertility treatment. Everyone deserves the hope, the chance for a child.
- If you are facing or have faced the challenge of infertility yourself, meet and share with a community of caring people who understand and share this aspect of your life. You may make a friend for life!
- If you know someone - family, friend, colleague - coping with infertility or who has a child or children through infertility treatment, show your support and/or celebrate with them.
- Fantastic auctions! Bid on the many great prizes in both our silent and live auctions. There are always trips, spa packages, merchandise, and much much more!
- It's a fun evening out. Gourmet catered food, Great wines. Fun people, and lots of them - over 400 people attend each year. It may be a party with a purpose, but it's still a party!
- The photography alone is worth seeing. The efforts of some of Calgary's leading photographers, the artistry of the exhibition is a must-see.
- The stories will make you cry. Stories of heartbreak and perseverance, determination and triumph. Are we any more human than in the pursuit of a child?
- You'll be helping raise awareness about infertility and fertility treatment. Did you know that 1 in 6 Canadian couples face infertility challenges? That's a stunning statistic that deserves more attention from our governments and from everyone.
- It's inexpensive. Ticket prices are reasonable, and of course, go to support Generations of Hope. Of course, we'd like you to make bids in the auctions and make donations to the cause!
- Babies & children…who can resist?!